APS : TUESDAY 15 MAY 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Tourism and Craft Industry Abdelkader Benmessaoud has examined with the Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Algeria, Eric Overvest,
bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of tourism and craft industry, as well as means to strengthen, said Tuesday the ministry in a communiqué.
During the audience, the minister expressed willingness to “strengthen cooperation through the UN development support programme for the sector, and help achieving the programme between the ministry and the UN agencies with the aim to boost the sector of tourism in Algeria,” added the communiqué.
In this regard, the two sides underlined the need to develop a strategy for the promotion of Algeria destination, the source said.
For his part, the UN Resident Coordinator hailed Algeria’s huge tourism potential, dubbing it “crossroad of civilizations” in view of its cultural diversity, which has allowed it to be a hub for sustainable tourism.
He also expressed readiness to provide the necessary support and assistance in the sector in order to help achieving the objectives that would allow it to become a driving force for the diversification of the national economy.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina