APS : Wednesday, 01 June 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Benkhalfa has headed Wednesday for Vienna, Austria, to participate in the works of the 37th session of the Ministerial Council of the OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) Fund for International Development (OFID), which will open on 2 June.
On the sidelines of the meeting, Benkhalfa will meet with his counterparts of other member states to discuss the current global economic and financial situation, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
OFID has recently adopted “an ambitious strategic plan, whose main lines symbolize the spirit of solidarity and show oil-producing countries with developing countries,” said the communiqué.
The meeting coincides with the 40th anniversary of OFID, whose creation was decided at the first summit of OPEC, held in Algiers in 1975.
OFID, which comprises all OPEC member states, aims at strengthening South-South cooperation.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony