APS : Wednesday, 01 June 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Benkhalfa has headed Wednesday for Vienna, Austria, to participate in the works of the 37th session of the Ministerial Council of the OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) Fund for International Development (OFID), which will open on 2 June.
On the sidelines of the meeting, Benkhalfa will meet with his counterparts of other member states to discuss the current global economic and financial situation, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
OFID has recently adopted “an ambitious strategic plan, whose main lines symbolize the spirit of solidarity and show oil-producing countries with developing countries,” said the communiqué.
The meeting coincides with the 40th anniversary of OFID, whose creation was decided at the first summit of OPEC, held in Algiers in 1975.
OFID, which comprises all OPEC member states, aims at strengthening South-South cooperation.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart