APS : Wednesday, 01 June 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Benkhalfa has headed Wednesday for Vienna, Austria, to participate in the works of the 37th session of the Ministerial Council of the OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) Fund for International Development (OFID), which will open on 2 June.
On the sidelines of the meeting, Benkhalfa will meet with his counterparts of other member states to discuss the current global economic and financial situation, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
OFID has recently adopted “an ambitious strategic plan, whose main lines symbolize the spirit of solidarity and show oil-producing countries with developing countries,” said the communiqué.
The meeting coincides with the 40th anniversary of OFID, whose creation was decided at the first summit of OPEC, held in Algiers in 1975.
OFID, which comprises all OPEC member states, aims at strengthening South-South cooperation.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation