APS : Sunday, 20 March 2016
ALGIERS-Finance Minister Abderrahmane Benkhalfa discussed Sunday in Algiers with his Ecuadorian counterpart Fausto Herera economic and financial bilateral cooperation,
as well as the impact of the falling oil price on OPEC’s member countries, the ministry said in a communiqué.
During a meeting with the Ecuadorian minister, who pays a visit to Algeria, Benkhalfa broached “issues relating to the oil market situation and its impact on exporting member countries of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC),” the communiqué added.
The meeting was an opportunity to discuss issues of common interest, mainly economic and financial cooperation between Algeria and Ecuador, two member countries of OPEC, and means to further develop this cooperation.
Benkhalfa and Herera exchanged views on the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and means to reinforce consultation within this institution, including Algeria that holds the presidency for the current year.
Herera pays a friendship visit to Algeria as part of a regional tour.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region