APS : Tuesday, 26 January 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Environment Nassira Benharrats took part Monday in the online (CAS) 2021, organized by the Dutch Government, according to a ministerial statement.
The Summit, marked by the participation of UN Secretary General, heads of State and Government and Environment ministers, focused on the progress made during the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit on the action for the climate to present innovative solutions responding to the climate emergency.
It is also about maintaining this dynamic ahead of the 26th session of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), to be held this year in Glasgow.
The summit’s objective is to find concrete measures to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 in terms of ending hunger and adapting to climate changes, in order to ensure food security so that a fairer and more sustainable world.
It was also decided to create a follow-up and review system to ensure the implementation of the summit’s findings.
The participants in the summit insisted on obtaining new investments in order to guarantee that small farmers could adapt to the effects of the climate changes on their production.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune