APS : Sunday, 10 July 2016
ALGIERS- The National Agency of Mining Activities (ANAM) has launched a national and international invitation to tender for the exploration of 25 mining sites.
The call for tender concerns 8 deposits of limestone for the production of aggregate and sharp sand, 8 deposits of clay for red products, 4 deposits of sand for construction, 2 deposits of granite for the production of decorative and ornamental stones, 2 deposits of salt for food industry and a deposit of tufa for public works.
The mining sites are located in 8 provinces, namely Tebessa (6 sites), Adrar (5), Batna (4), Illizi (3), Ghardaia (2), El Oued (2), Tamanrasset (2) and Chlef (1).
Minister of Industry and Mining Abdesselam Bouchouareb said, on several occasions, that the sector of mining would witness a considerable boost as from 2016 with the launch of many projects for the development of a sound mining industry, in order to curb imports in the field.
To that end, the Government will revise the Law on Mining, adopted in 2001 and amended in 2014, with a view to better developing mining sites across the country and facilitating their exploitation through investment projects.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart