APS : WEDNESDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- A presidential decree approving an amendment to a contract between the national hydrocarbon company SONATRACH and the national agency for hydrocarbon resource development ALNAFT and three foreign energy firms has
been approved Wednesday by the Council of Ministers during a meeting chaired by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The contract was signed on 17 January 2010 between ALNAFT, SONATRACH and Italy’s Enel, Spain’s Repsol and France’s GDF Suez for the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons in blocks 232 and 241.a in southeast of Illizi.
The amendment consists in the transfer, free of charge, of shares held by the foreign firms Enel and GDF Suez in this field to the national company SONATRACH.
Pursuant to the amendment, 64.5% of shares in this field will be held by SONATRACH and 35.5% by the Spanish firm Repsol.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine