APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria’s population has reached 40.4 million on 1 January 2016, against 39.963 million in 2015, according to figures provided by the National Statistics Office (ONS).
In its report on the demographic situation in Algeria, the ONS noted that 2015 was marked by a significant increase in living births, which exceeded, for the second consecutive year, one million living births.
The year 2015 was also marked by a raise in the number of deaths and sharp decline in the number of marriages, compared to past years, said the report.
In 2015, there were 1.040 living births, 183,000 deaths and 369,000 marriages, according to the figures of ONS.
Algeria’s population is expected to reach 41.2 million by 1 January 2017, said ONS.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo