APS : Monday, 04 April 2016
ALGIERS- The adaptation of the association agreement with the European Union (EU), currently under revision, is an “essential element” for Algeria in its accession process to the World Trade Organization (WTO),
said Monday in Algiers Minister of Trade Bakhti Belaib.
“Reviewing some provisions of the agreement will be a consolidated basis which will allow us to continue the accession process in other conditions,” said Belaib in a meeting with exporters working in the pharmaceutical industry, electric goods industry and food processing industry as part export transactions follow-up committee.
According to the minister, the accession to WTO “has no interest to Algeria at present,” affirming that reaching this adaptation of the agreement will be of benefit to Algeria’s negotiations for its accession to WTO.
The European partner, said the minister, represents the two-thirds of Algeria’s trading with more than $50 billion.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart