APS : Monday, 04 April 2016
ALGIERS- The adaptation of the association agreement with the European Union (EU), currently under revision, is an “essential element” for Algeria in its accession process to the World Trade Organization (WTO),
said Monday in Algiers Minister of Trade Bakhti Belaib.
“Reviewing some provisions of the agreement will be a consolidated basis which will allow us to continue the accession process in other conditions,” said Belaib in a meeting with exporters working in the pharmaceutical industry, electric goods industry and food processing industry as part export transactions follow-up committee.
According to the minister, the accession to WTO “has no interest to Algeria at present,” affirming that reaching this adaptation of the agreement will be of benefit to Algeria’s negotiations for its accession to WTO.
The European partner, said the minister, represents the two-thirds of Algeria’s trading with more than $50 billion.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister