APS : Wednesday, 07 September 2016
ALGIERS- The cooperation between Algeria and Russia in energy and the 15th ministerial meeting of the International Energy Forum (IEF15), to be held by the end of September in Algiers, will be the main focus of the working visit of Minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa to Russia.
During this two-day visit, the minister will hold talks with his Russian counterpart Alexander Novakon on the “cooperation relations between Algeria and Russia,” said Energy Ministry in a communiqué.
With the Russian minister of Energy, the talks will focus on “the holding of the 15th ministerial meeting of the International Energy Forum (IEF15), which will be held from 26 to 28 September in Algiers, as well as the informal meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC),” added the ministry.
Bouterfa, who paid working visits to Doha then Teheran, broached with his counterparts of the two countries and also with the OPEC’s Secretary General Muhammed Sanusi Barkindo the stabilization of the world oil prices.
At the end of his talks with the Qatari Minister of Energy and Industry Mohammed Saleh Al Sada, Boutarfa reiterated that “the price of oil below 50 dollars is not acceptable, and is not conducive to the producing countries and the global economy.”
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart