APS : Tuesday, 24 May 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria is one of the European Union’s important energy partners, and the Algerian gas in necessary to contribute to the European energy transition,
affirmed Tuesday, in Algiers, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Canete.
In fact, he said in Algeria-EU business forum on energy, the Algerian gas represents an element of the energy mix which should allow Europe to reduce by 40% its CO2 emissions by 2030.
“Algeria is one of our important energy partners and we need its gas for the energy mix which will allow us to reduce our CO2 emissions by 40% by 2030,” said Canente.
Underlining that Europe will, for long, need gas, the European Commissioner hoped that Algeria does its best to remain Europe’s key supplier.
“Algeria is a trusted partner on which we can rely. It is logical that we have chosen this country to hold a forum with, devoted to energy,” he stressed.
He broached the need for Algeria to count on new technologies to be bale to meet the demands of its clients, particularly EU: “Algeria is obliged to increase its production capacities.”
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan