APS : Monday, 20 February 2017
ALGIERS- ALGIERS- Algeria is a “very important” and “very solid” partner for Germany in the Mediterranean region, said Monday in Algiers Parliamentary State Secretary to Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Uwe Karl Beckmeyer.
“Algeria is a very important partner for Germany in the Mediterranean, that we also consider it a very strong partner. That is why we have a great interest in making the relations between the two countries fruitful,” Beckmeyer told the press upon his arrival at Algiers International Airport.
Beckmeyer who was leading a major delegation of officials from his ministerial department and German businessmen, was welcomed by Minister of Industry and Mining, Abdeslam Bouchouareb.
Stating that he was “happy” to represent the German federal government once again in Algeria after attending the International Energy Forum held in Algiers last September, Beckmeyer stressed that it was “very important that we are promoting relations between Algerian and German companies.”
According to him, it is with the aim of reinforcing the German investments in Algeria that “some entrepreneurs have come with us,” adding that these companies are activating both in Germany, in Europe and in the rest of the world as well.
These are companies “who also want to invest in northern Africa and these are the goals we pursue in the federal government,” he said.
Beckmeyer will co-chair on Tuesday with Bouchouareb the 6th session of the Algerian-German Joint Committee and the business forum between the companies of the two countries.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina