APS : Sunday, 23 April 2017
ALGIERS- Ways to strengthen trade relations between Algeria and US were the main focus of a meeting between Minister of Housing, Urban Planning and the City Abdelmadjid Tebboune and Assistant United States Trade
Representative for Europe and the Middle East Daniel Mullaney, said Sunday a communiqué of the Ministry.
During this meeting, Tebboune said that the latest measures relating to the organization of imports didn’t have any impact on the level of trade relations between the two countries, adding that these measures, notably those relating to import licence, aimed at organizing foreign trade, streamlining import bill and protecting the national product and the rights of consumers, added the source.
The Ministry reiterated Algeria’s commitment to implementing the strategic agreements concluded with the US and its European partners.
Tebboune welcomed Algeria-US joint action concerning the creation of mutually beneficial investment projects in the production of goods that are currently imported.”
For his part, Mullaney welcomed the measures recently taken by the Ministry of Trade, especially as these measures “don’t have impact on the two countries’ common interests.”
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan