APS : Wednesday, 31 October 2018
ALGER- Minister of Trade Said Djellab received Tuesday, in Algiers, British Prime Minister’s Special Representative for Economic Partnership with Algeria, Lord Richard Risby,
with whom he discussed bilateral economic relations and the prospects of stepping them up, the ministry said in a statement.
The two sides examined the state and prospects of economic ties between the two countries, dubbing it “very important.”
In the presence of United Kingdom Ambassador to Algeria, Barry Robert Lowen, the two officials considered ways and means to boost bilateral cooperation and extend it to other fields.
During the meeting, the minister said areas of investment are “open to British operators who wish to establish partnership and cooperation with Algeria.”
He called UK partners to contribute to increasing Algeria’s non-hydrocarbon exports, mainly food and agricultural produce, so as to allow Algeria benefitting from the experience of the United Kingdom in the field.
Lord Richard Risby said he has been acquainted with the Algerian market’s capacities, adding that his visit to Algeria will be an opportunity for him to explore, with Algerian partners, investment and partnership opportunities in several fields.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied