Algeria, U.S. to create Cluster on Biotechnology in Human Health Care
APS : WEDNESDAY 04 OCTOBER 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria and U.S. agreed on Tuesday in Algiers to create in Algeria a cluster on Biotechnology in Human Health Care, said a communiqué of the ministry.
Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform Mokhtar Hasbellaoui has received a delegation of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).
In a view to organizing the future cluster, the two parties agreed to set up a “working and steering group which is will meet early November 2017,” added the source.
This cluster “will include research and development platforms (R&D) and will dispense training in the field of biotechnology.”
Moreover, the two parties “will make an audit to better target the actions to be taken to improve the attractiveness of Algeria in the field of the clinical trials.”
Algeria currently only attracts a very small part of the clinical trials.
The delegation of PhRMA is present in Algeria as part of the U.S. trade mission organized by the Algerian-US Business Council and the Algerian embassy to Washington.
The meeting between the minister and the delegation allowed “assessing the application of the MoU signed in San-Diego in 2014,” said the source.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles