APS : Wednesday, 13 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria targets, through the revision of the Association Agreement with the European Union (EU), increase of the European investments in the country and the exports to the region, a senior official at Commerce Ministry told APS.
“The observation, presented by Algeria during a bilateral meeting with the EU, held last March in Brussels, has been shared by the European side which has affirmed readiness to revise this Agreement,” said the director of the follow-up of regional trade agreements at the Commerce Ministry Saïd Djellab.
“The two parties agreed to work together to make a joint assessment and consider all the corrections to be introduced in this agreement,” he said.
The Agreement must meet the objectives of increasing the European direct investments in Algeria and promote the Algerian exports towards the European market “in order to reduce the structural disequilibrium” in exchanges between Algeria and the EU, said Djellab.
“We want more European investments which will constitute for us a means of technological transfer and a vector of the promotion of exports towards the European market,” insisted the same official which is also the general director of foreign trade at Commerce Ministry.
In this re-assessment, “we will discuss all the aspects to reach a win-win agreement.”
Algeria and EU will examine the measures and the proposals of the revision of their Association Agreement before the end of the year.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan