APS : Saturday, 26 September 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on a convoy carrying the governor of Borno State, in the north of Nigeria, leaving dozens of people dead and injured among civilians and the security forces, reaffirming its full solidarity
and support with the Nigerian government, said Saturday a communiqué of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“Algeria strongly condemns the terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday Friday by the terrorist group Boko Haram on the convoy carrying the governor of Borno State, in the north of Nigeria, leaving dozens of people dead and injured among the civilians and the security forces of Nigeria,” said the ministry.
Algeria, added the communiqué, “extends its sincere condolences and compassion to the brotherly Nigerian government and people as well as to the families of the victims, hoping speedy recovery to the injured.”
Expressing once again its full support and solidarity with the Nigerian government, “Algeria reiterates its firm determination to fight against terrorism and its permanent commitment to supporting the efforts of the international community in order to eradicate this scourge which threatens international peace and stability,” concluded the source.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied