APS : WEDNESDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria is a “strategic partner” for Spain, said Tuesday in Algiers Spain’s Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Ildefonso Castro Lopez.
“Algeria, which is a neighbouring and friendly country, is also a strategic partner for Spain. It has an important place in the Mediterranean, Maghreb and the Sahel regions,” Castro Lopez told the press following the discussions with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
He added that his visit to Algeria is part of the “regular political consultations” between the two countries and “comes ahead of the seventh Algeria-Spain High Level Meeting, scheduled for the first quarter of 2018 in Algiers.”
Castro Lopez expressed his country’s willingness to continue the exchange of high-level visits between Algeria and Spain with a view to strengthening cooperation in different fields, especial political and economic cooperation.
He also expressed his “optimism” about the promising prospects for Algerian-Spanish relations.
Thereafter, the Spanish official met with the secretary general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Noureddine Ayadi, as part of the regular consultations between the two countries.
The deepening of political dialogue and cooperation between Algeria and Spain, in line with the Treaty of Friendship, Good Neighbourliness and Cooperation between the two countries inked in October 2002, was at the centre of discussions between Ayadi and Castro Lopez, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée