APS : Tuesday, 15 November 2022
ALGIERS-Minister of Energy and Mines, Mohamed Arkab stressed Tuesday in Algiers that the signing of a contract for the supply of natural gas to Slovenia between Sonatrach and Geoplin groups was “the first step”
in bilateral cooperation in the energy and mining sectors.
“Bilateral cooperation will be expanded to several fields under a joint ministerial action program,” he continued.
In a speech delivered at the end of the signing of the 3-year contract, Arkab announced that an action program will be drawn up between the Ministry of Energy and Mines and Slovenia’s Ministry of Infrastructure. It will cover hydrocarbon exploration and prospecting, mining, electricity, and renewable energy.
In this regard, the minister recalled that both parties “seek to seal other contracts to develop this historical relationship between the two countries and enhance their business relations in several fields.”
For his part, Slovenia’s Minister of Infrastructure, Bojan Kumer stressed that the contract signed between Sonatrach and Geoplin is of great importance to both countries, as it contributes to achieving energy security in Slovenia.
“We discussed ways of strengthening cooperation, signing a memorandum of understanding between the two countries, and developing business in other fields,” said the Slovenian official.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart