APS : Thursday, 02 June 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has been re-elected on Thursday in Vienna, Austria, as chair of the Ministerial Council of OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), for a one-year term,
the ministry of Finance said in a statement.
“The council has unanimously agreed to renew Algeria’s mandate (as chair of the body). This decision, of an exceptional nature, has taken into consideration the role Algeria is playing. These are the arguments presented by the participating ministers who requested that Algeria be re-elected as chair of the OFID,” according to the ministry’s statement.
The re-election was held at the 37th annual meeting of the OFID Ministerial Council, made up of the Finance ministers of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the statement added.
The council’s meeting coincides with the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the creation of this development body, established as a result of a decision taken at the OPEC summit held in Algiers, in June 1975.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie