APS : Monday, 26 September 2016
ALGIERS- A memorandum of understanding and cooperation in the field of the protection of plants and plant quarantine was signed Monday, in Algiers, between the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing and Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands.
The document was signed by Minister of Agriculture Abdeslam Chelghoum and Dutch Minister of Economic Affairs Henk Kamp who is on a two-day visit to Algiers.
Previously, the two ministers held talks on the development of the bilateral economic relations and partnerships in different fields notably the production of potato seeds, dairy industry and market gardening.
The two ministers examined the possibility of organizing, by the beginning of 2017, a bilateral business forum to identify the fields of cooperation and partnerships, notably in agriculture and cattle breeding.
At the end of the signing ceremony of the memorandum of understanding and cooperation, Chelghoum said that the document focuses mainly on the exchange of information in the in phytosanitary field, an important section for the two sides, because it allows “raising the level of the bilateral cooperation especially as it will have a positive effect on the imports and exports of agricultural products between the two countries.”
For his part, Kamp said that the meeting was an opportunity to broach the partnership in the field of cattle breeding and aquaculture, as well as possibilities to develop it, notably through win-win partnerships.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart