APS : Wednesday, 20 February 2019
ALGIERS – Public group of road freight transport Logitrans has launched last Monday the first operation of Algerian goods transport to Dakar (Senegal) via Nouakchott (Mauritania), the public company told APS.
The operation is part of the deal concluded last November between the Group and the Trade Ministry on the freight transport of Algerian exports and logistics.
The transported goods are set to arrive on February 25th in Nouakchott and on February 27th in Dakar.
13 semitrailers of Group Logitrans carry 340 tonnes of goods, 230 tonnes to be delivered to Nouakchott and 110 to Dakar.
The Group Logitrans’ semitrailers are accompanied with support engines and followed through GPS and satellite telephone.
The 230 tonnes of goods destined to Mauritania is composed of 200 tonnes of food products, 60 tonnes of agricultural products, 60 tonnes of plastic households items and 20 tonnes of chemical products.
Senegal will receive 110 tonnes of Algerian food products.
A new land border crossing point between Algeria and Mauritania, located in the province of Tindouf, was opened last August, in application of the recommendations of the 18th Algerian-Mauritanian High Joint Commission, held in December 2016 in Algiers.
This border post is a means of facilitating the movement of people and intensifying trade between the two countries, and with other West African countries.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation