APS : Monday, 16 May 2016
AMMAN (Jordan)- Algerian and Jordan signed Monday, in Amman (Jordan), a memorandum of understanding in the field of energy, to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the area.
The document was signed by the Minister of Energy, Salah Khebri and the Jordanian minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Ibrahim Saif, at the end of the opening session of the global summit on energy taking place in Amman
Cooperation between Algeria and Jordan includes several fields, of which the most important are the prospection and production of hydrocarbon, liquefied natural gas (LNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and the distribution of gas and renewable energies.
According to the document, the two parties must define and examine projects in the fields mentioned, each cooperation project to be subject of an agreement between the two parties.
In the field of petroleum and gas, the two countries agreed to review the possibilities to import liquefied petroleum gas and natural liquefied gas from Algeria to satisfy the needs of the Jordanian market by encouraging Algerian companies to invest in Jordan.
Furthermore, they agreed to encourage Algerian companies to prospect for oil in Jordan and review the ways to elaborate joint projects in the fields of petroleum and gas.
Concerning the distribution of gas, the two parties agreed to benefit from the Algerian experience in gas transportation.
Concerning renewable energies and energy rationalisation, the memorandum focuses on the exchange of experience in the elaboration of economic feasibility of projects and the exchange of expertise and information on renewable energy technologies and the rationalization of its use.
The memorandum also focuses on the fields of electricity and training.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy