APS : Monday, 25 July 2016
ORAN- Algeria intends to increase its gas production and liquid products by over 30% by the year 2020, said Monday in Oran Minister of Energy Noureddine Bouterfa.
“We intend to increase gas production and liquid products by over 30% by the year 2020,” Bouterfa told the press on the sidelines of his inspection visit to the industrial area of Arzew (Oran, 431-km west of Algiers).
“However, we must find new energy sources. We have a programme for the development of conventional and unconventional energies, yet, we still have a long way to go,” said the minister, who was accompanied by the CEO of the national hydrocarbon company SONATRACH and executives of Energy Ministry.
Bouterfa underlined the need to accelerate the programme for the development of the two energies, through production and the exploitation of power plants.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart