APS : Sunday, 20 November 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria and Finland signed Sunday in Algiers a memorandum of understanding in the phytosanitary field.
The agreement was inked by Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing Abdesslam Chelghoum and his
Finnish counterpart Kimmo Tiilikainen, who is leading a delegation of businessmen for a three-day visit to Algeria.
The delegation comprises Finnish business managers working in various fields, including clean energy, wood, wastewater treatment, cereal trade, cattle feed and agricultural machines.
The MoU, which provides for plant protection and quarantine, “will monitor the import and export operations of plant products,” Chelghoum told the press on the sidelines of the signing ceremony.
For his part, the Finnish minister said “we hope that the agreement would be the beginning of further cooperation between our two countries in other areas.”
During the discussions that preceded the signing ceremony, the two ministers underlined the need to strengthen economic and trade cooperation between the two countries
“Our two countries agree on the need to boost cooperation in the fields of agriculture, fishing and forestry,” said Chelghoum.
“We hope that the Finnish companies would get more involved in investment projects in Algeria,” he added.
In this regard, he highlighted the Algerian government’s policy for the diversification of economy, including the promotion of agricultural exports.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée