APS : Thursday, 14 September 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Industry and Mines Youcef Yousfi called for a diversified approach in the relationship between Algeria and the European Union (EU) in discussions he had Wednesday with the head of EU delegation in Algeria,
John O’Rourke, the ministry said Thursday in a statement.
“The minister pleaded for a diversified approach in the Algerian-European Union relations, taking into consideration our country’s contribution to secure energy supply to the EU,” the source said.
The meeting was an opportunity for the two sides to “examine the economic cooperation between Algeria and the EU, the expectations of each of the two parties and their views on the ways to boost it,” the statement said.
They also broached Algeria-EU association agreement and its impact on national economy, assessing programmes, under implementation, about the financial and technical cooperation.
Yousfi stressed the “importance of EU assistance, especially in training energy executives and upgrading Algerian companies to rebalance partnership relations between the two sides, after more than ten years of implementation of Algeria-EU association agreement,” the statement noted.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune