APS : Monday, 13 February 2017
ALGIERS- A programme of the European Union (EU) to support the sector of fishing and aquaculture was officially launched Monday, in Algiers,
as part of the European programme to support the diversification of economy, Divico2.
Funded by the EU in the amount of EUR15 million, this support programme targets the sustainable development of the fishing and aquaculture sector and the improvement of its results so that it contributes to the strategy of diversifying national economy said John O’Rourke, ambassador and head of the European Union delegation in Algeria in a presentation seminar of this project.
O’Rourke considers that the diversification of economy “is inevitable since it is closely linked to the issue of employment and development of the private sector.”
According to him, it is about promoting a sector of economy other than that of hydrocarbons and to also ensure that the State’s role facilitates the emergence of a dynamic and competitive private sector, he added.
Spread over two years, this support programme suggests encouraging the local initiative in three pilot provinces (Ain Temouchent, Setif and Skikda).
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister