APS : Tuesday, 10 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa held discussions Monday with the head of the European Union delegation to Algiers, John O’Rourke,
During the discussions, the minister stressed the need to identify “concrete energy cooperation projects, particularly in the field of renewable energies.”
Boutarfa also underlined “Algeria’s efforts to meet the growing domestic demand and to remain a major and reliable energy supplier on the international market, especially the gas market,” said the Ministry of Energy in a statement.
The minister also insisted on “the major role that renewable energies should play for the creation of wealth and jobs opportunities and for the economic and social development of Algeria,” added the Ministry’s statement.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan