APS : Tuesday, 10 January 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa held discussions Monday with the head of the European Union delegation to Algiers, John O’Rourke,
During the discussions, the minister stressed the need to identify “concrete energy cooperation projects, particularly in the field of renewable energies.”
Boutarfa also underlined “Algeria’s efforts to meet the growing domestic demand and to remain a major and reliable energy supplier on the international market, especially the gas market,” said the Ministry of Energy in a statement.
The minister also insisted on “the major role that renewable energies should play for the creation of wealth and jobs opportunities and for the economic and social development of Algeria,” added the Ministry’s statement.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum