Algeria-EU: Exporting companies must master rules of origin to benefit from tax exemptions
APS : MONDAY 22 JANUARY 2018
ALGIERS- The Algerian non-hydrocarbon exporters must master the rules of origin to benefit from commercial opportunities and tax exemption,
said the participants in a seminar on the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean Preferential Rules of Origin, held on Monday in Algiers
The rules of origin are criteria for determining the country of origin of a product. They are important because the applicable duties and restrictions depend in many cases on the imports’ countries of origin.
In this context, a seminar has been organized by Trade Ministry and the European Union Delegation in Algeria to broaden the knowledge on the implementation of these rules as well as the negotiation techniques of the personnel working in the trade ministry and Customs, and of the economic operators.
“We cannot promote exports without mastering the rules of origin,” said Trade Ministry’s director general for foreign trade Saïd Djellab.
According to him, these rules are necessary for that the Algerian products, sold in the EU markets, can benefit from tax exemptions.
Algeria is bound to the EU by an Association Agreement, in force since 2005.
The potential exporting companies need to know the preferential rules of origin, he insisted, citing those activating in particular in household appliances, televisions, mobile telephony, agri-food and agricultural products.
About a hundred economic operators took part in this seminar on the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean Preferential Rules of Origin.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée