APS : MONDAY 22 JANUARY 2018
ALGIERS- The Algerian non-hydrocarbon exporters must master the rules of origin to benefit from commercial opportunities and tax exemption,
said the participants in a seminar on the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean Preferential Rules of Origin, held on Monday in Algiers
The rules of origin are criteria for determining the country of origin of a product. They are important because the applicable duties and restrictions depend in many cases on the imports’ countries of origin.
In this context, a seminar has been organized by Trade Ministry and the European Union Delegation in Algeria to broaden the knowledge on the implementation of these rules as well as the negotiation techniques of the personnel working in the trade ministry and Customs, and of the economic operators.
“We cannot promote exports without mastering the rules of origin,” said Trade Ministry’s director general for foreign trade Saïd Djellab.
According to him, these rules are necessary for that the Algerian products, sold in the EU markets, can benefit from tax exemptions.
Algeria is bound to the EU by an Association Agreement, in force since 2005.
The potential exporting companies need to know the preferential rules of origin, he insisted, citing those activating in particular in household appliances, televisions, mobile telephony, agri-food and agricultural products.
About a hundred economic operators took part in this seminar on the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean Preferential Rules of Origin.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation