APS : Friday, 01 April 2016
BURSSELS-Revision of the association agreement between Algeria and the European Union (EU), which entered into force ten year ago, aims at “assessing” the economic and commercial “impact” of this agreement on Algeria and the European Union,”
High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini stressed.
“The goals of this assessment must be defined by both parties but the main goal consists in assessing the impact of this agreement on the European Union and Algeria, economically and commercially,” she stated in a written response released Thursday on Thursday evening to a question of French Euro-MP Tokia Saifi about the goals behind the revision of the Algeria-EU association agreement.
According to Mogherini, “it would be appropriate to conduct preliminary studies regarding the association agreement and its impact.”.
“Other complementary technical studies may be carried out in accordance with the reference terms set by the two parties,” she added.
Algeria’s request, she added, aims at conducting a common assessment of the agreement ten years after its entry into force, stressing that Algeria and the European Union “will set the goals of this common assessment.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification