APS : Sunday 31 March 2019
ALGIERS- Minister of Post, Telecommunications, Technology and Digital Technology Houda Imane Feraoun announced that Algeria has been elected as a member of the Board of Directors
of the General Assembly of the Arab Satellite Communications Organization (ARABSAT), during the 42nd session of the Pan-Arab Organization held Sunday in Algiers.
“Algeria has chaired today the 42nd session of the ARABSAT General Assembly, representative of the Arab joint action in the field of communication satellites, and will be member of the Board of Directors as of next year,” Feraoun said in a statement to the press after the meeting.
Such a decision will” boost cooperation between ARABSAT and Algerian satellite communications and the Algerian Space Agency (ASAL).”
Algeria “managed to win its place in the world of space technologies and take advantage from ARABSAT experience in a very competitive market,” he she added.
The Arabsat Executive Chairman Khaled Ben Ahmed Balkheyour said that “Algeria, Tunisia and Oman have been selected to the Board of Directors for the next session alongside five permanent member states namely Libya, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia,” noting that the organization” has revenues worth more than $ 265 million and profits estimated at $ 74 million.”
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina