APS : Monday, 09 May 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria and Cuba have signed, Monday in Algiers, an agreement on technical cooperation in the sector of water resources, especially in the fields of dam management and water transfer.
The document was inked by Director General of the National Agency for Dams and Water Transfers (ANBT) Arezki Barraki and Director of Cubahidraulica company Manuel Jorge Font Garcia, after the discussions between Minister of Water Resources Abdelouahab Nouri and Cuban Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment Rodrigo Malmierca Diaz.
The agreement provides for sending eight Cuban experts to train ANBT executives in the management of dams and water transfer and wastewater treatment, said Nouri on the sidelines of the signing ceremony.
The Minister said that the agreement would further strengthen Algerian-Cuban cooperation in the sector of water resources, recalling the memorandum of understanding in the field, signed in Havana in December 2015.
For his part, Diaz welcomed the signing of the agreement, and said to be convinced of the willingness of the two countries to broaden their cooperation to various areas, including energy and water resources.
The Cuban minister, who is on a three-day visit to Algeria since Sunday, co-chaired with Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform Abdelmalek Boudiaf the works of the 20th session of Algerian-Cuban Joint Committee on economic, scientific, technical and cultural cooperation.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces