APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS- Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing and the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM) signed Tuesday in Algiers a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), aimed at boosting cooperation in food and nutritional security, sustainable and inclusive development and training.
According to a ministry’s statement, the agreement concerns four priority cooperation areas, namely assistance in developing institutional policies, agricultural and food-processing development, rural and local development, halieutic and aquaculture development.
The MoU was signed by the ministry’ secretary general, Kamel Chadi, and the secretary general of CIHEAM, Cosimo Lacirignola, in the presence of Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing, Sid Ahmed Ferroukhi.
“The strong partnership between Algeria and CIHEAM and the successful joint projects they carried out have been the result of a common view of development and a convergence of goals.”
Those goals are mentioned in the CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025, including fighting all forms of wasting, strengthening of sustainable agriculture and food security, investing in the young, averting risks and managing tensions, according to Ferroukhi.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart