APS : Friday, 22 September 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fishing Abdelkader Bouazghi and his Chinese counterpart, Han Changfu, signed in Beijing two cooperation agreements in protection of plants and animal health,
the ministry said Friday in a statement.
The first agreement is meant to step up bilateral cooperation in plant protection and plant quarantine, to prevent the spread of pests in both countries, protect agricultural produce and plant resources, in addition to promoting diversification of bilateral trade.
By virtue of the second agreement, Algeria and China will set up cooperation mechanisms in control of animal illnesses to protect their territories from the spread of cross border diseases, from one country to another, during the import, export or transit of animals and products of animal origin.
It is also intended to ensure protection from means of transport, conditioning, containers and feeding tools that may be contaminated by pathogens.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum