APS : Wednesday, 31 January 2018
ALGIERS- Five industrial and port infrastructure projects were at the centre of a meeting of an Algerian-Chinese working group, installed Wednesday in Algiers to ensure coordination and implementation of a cooperation agreement between Algeria and China.
These projects will be carried out in partnership between Algerian public companies and Chinese firms in the fields of commercial vehicle manufacturing, electronic industry, mining and maritime transport infrastructures.
The related cooperation agreement was signed in Algiers in 2016 and ratified by a presidential decree in August 2017.
It aims at establishing a platform for exchange of experience between the Algeria and China and encouraging companies and institutions to bolster their cooperation.
This agreement also aims at boosting production capacities in engineering, railway, iron, steel and petrochemical industries as well as in the fields of infrastructures, renewable energies, energy efficiency, exploitation of resources and energies (oil and gas), mining, domestic electrical appliances and building materials.
During the meeting, the secretary general of the Ministry of Industry and Mining, Kheireddine Medjoubi, stressed the need for a strategic economic partnership, which should not be limited to trading.
“We want that Chinese industrialists invest and produce in Algeria. This would be beneficial for the both parties,” he said.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya