APS : Sunday, 25 September 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has stood as candidate for the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) to represent the region of North Africa during the next three years, said Sunday a communiqué of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
The works of the 39th session of the Organization’s General Assembly will take place from 27 September to 7 October in Montreal (Canada), after which the General Assembly will also elect the 36 contracting States that will be represented at the Council, said the source.
Minister of Public Works and Transport Boudjemaa Talai will participate in the works of this session at the head of a large delegation, said the communiqué.
This session’s agenda includes issues relating mainly to security, safety and protection of the environment.
During the works of the General Assembly, the 191 contracting States will review the activities of ICAO during the past three years and adopt the working programme and the budget of the Organization for the period 2016-2019.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار