APS : Monday, 05 December 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- The secretary general of the international Association of the Very Large Power Grid Operators (GO15), Alain Steven, said Monday in Oran, that Algeria is in a position to be successful make a success of its renewable energy development programme.
“Algeria has all the aces to make a success of its renewable energy development programme, considering its natural resources, its climate and the available technologies,” said Steven, an international expert, on the sidelines of a conference and show on petrochemistry, open in Oran.
The GO15 official invited Algeria, as the other countries of the southern Mediterranean shore, to use its renewable energy potential to contribute to the development of world’s electric power production to ensure energy security.
Alain Steven stressed the ongoing increase in the world needs in such energy.
The official, in an address, said nearly 1.2 billion people in the world are deprived of electrical power, 600 million of them the in sub-Saharan region in Africa.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart