APS : Thursday, 09 November 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria is taking part, for the first time, at the international construction show “BATIMAT” in Paris,
France, which opened November 6 and is to run until the tenth of the month, the Algerian Fairs and Exportation Company (SAFEX) said in a statement.
Algeria’s pavilion has brought together 13 firms working in the tools and machinery industry, floor covering, polyvinyl chloride plastic and woodwork, aluminium work, structural steel work, parametric safety, in addition to service companies.
On the event’s first day, the chairman of the Algerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in France (CACI France), Ait-Yaala Kaci, gave an outline on the Algerian economy with the major achievements in terms of basic infrastructure and the impressing projects carried out.
The secretary general of the National Organization of Property Developers (ONPI), Houria Bouhired, presented the partnership opportunities with European companies and property developers.
The participation of Algeria in BATIMAT event, with a national pavilion of 507 m2, shows a “political will to forge fruitful partnerships with international firms, as the country seeks to develop its non-hydrocarbon exports, mainly in the building materials and construction industry,” the statement noted.
The first days of the economic event have drawn a large number of visitors, who have shown a special interest in Algerian products.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization