APS : Sunday, 08 April 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Energy Mustapha Guitouni received Sunday, in Algiers, Angola’s Minister of External Relations Manuel Domingos Augusto, with whom he tackled energy cooperation, the ministry said in a statement.
The two sides examined energy cooperation between the two countries, including hydrocarbons, dubbed “excellent,” and its development prospects.
They stressed the need to boost cooperation, especially in hydrocarbons (onshore and offshore exploration), electricity and training, the statement said.
Noting that Algeria-Angola relations are historical, the minister expressed his country’s interest in benefitting from Algeria’s expertise in gas exploitation and onshore exploration and making Algeria benefit from Angola’s experience in offshore exploration.
He also expressed wish that national oil company Sonatrach might invest, with its Angolan counterpart, in Angola’s onshore.
Guitouni stressed the excellent relations between the two nations, expressing availability to make Angolan companies profit from Algerian expertise.
The minister underlined the important potentialities and opportunities of partnership and investments in the two countries which, he added, may be explored through a win-win partnership.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied