APS : Sunday, 14 October 2018
WASHINGTON-In collaboration with Algeria’s embassy in Washington and the Business Council Forum (FCE), the US-Algeria Business Council (USABC) is to hold a forum on agriculture that will focus
on the prospects for the development of dairy production in Algeria.
Ten US companies operating in milk production will partake in this Forum, including Land O’Lakes, Bateman Mosida Farms, Rabo Agrifinance, Delaval, Lindsay- Zimmatric Irrigation and Artex Barn Solutions, said USABC Chairman Smail Chikhoune.
The Forum is an opportunity for dairy farmers to inquire about the US experience, notably the management of dairy farms and the improvement of profitability of livestock farming by increasing milk production per cow, he continued.
US experts will hold thematic sessions on important issues related to dairy farming, like irrigation, livestock feed, dairy farm design based on the American model, new design technologies, construction and operation of major dairy projects as well as the management of large farms.
The Forum’s programme includes a presentation by the Ministry of Agriculture on investment opportunities in the agricultural sector, said the source.
The second day of the Forum will be devoted to B2B meetings to connect companies from both countries.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune