APS : Saturday, 12 January 2019
WASHINGTON – A mission of the agricultural economic operators is set to travel to the United States from January 14 to 17 to enquire about the American know-how, particularly in the livestock and agri-food sectors,
said Saturday the Algerian-American Business Council (USABC).
The mission organized by The USABC and the Algerian Managers Forum (FCE) with the support of the Algerian Embassy in Washington, will be led by Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, Abdelkader Bouazghi and President of the FCE Ali Haddad.
This study mission is intended to boost investment and trade between Algeria and the United States, said President of USABC Smail Chikhoune.
The visiting delegation, composed of thirty operators will head first to Washington for the launch of “Algeria & Transatlantic Relations,” a reference book in Algeria.
The book will be presented for the first time on Monday to the US Congress.
On 15 January, the delegation will leave for Sacramento, in California and San Francisco to visit the agricultural production fields, dairy farms and units for the production of livestock feed, dry fruits and packaging.
During this study mission, the delegation will meet with US farmers, said Chikhoune. Four MoUs are set to be inked with US companies, on the creation of three dairy farms of 30,000 cows each and a plant of potato processing, said the president of the USABC.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune