APS : Sunday, 24 April 2016
TUNIS- The Algerian judo team (cadets) snatched Saturday 12 medals (5 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze) at the African Cadet and Junior Open, taking place at El Menzah Sports Hall in Tunis.
Algeria’s five gold medals were harvested by Islem Bouti (-50 kg), Ahmed Mehibel (-60 kg), Mohamed Guerroudji (-81 kg), Alaededine Mokhefi (-90 kg) and Nesrine Boudjemel (-52 kg).
Bouti and Mihibel defeated in the final Iraqi opponents Ali Mohammedawi and Talib Al Fatlawi, respectively.
For his part, Guerroudji outclassed Tunisian Wajdi Melliti while Mokhefi defeated judoka Mohamed Aziz Hobbi from Tunisia.
For women, Nesrine Boudjemel won gold in a final played against Tunisian Amani Chayeb.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune