5th TIFA: Shared willingness to increase bilateral trade, investment
APS : Tuesday, 25 April 2017
ALGIERS- The 5th Algeria-US Council on Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) came to a close on Tuesday in Algiers with a statement renewing the two parties’
commitment to deploy all the means to increase the bilateral trade and investment.
The two parties said that “there are many more possibilities to increase the bilateral trade and investment in the mutual interest of both countries.”
Trade between Algeria and US totalled over $5 billion in 2016, up by 50% in comparison with 2000.
After discussing the means to improve trade and investment, and enhance partnership between the two countries’ companies, through the technical assistance as part of the exchange programmes of US departments, the two delegations agreed on facilitating access to market, including of the industrial, agricultural and digital products by “removing all the obstacles,” said the statement.
The session was co-chaired by the general secretaries of Ministries of Trade Mohamed Helaili and of Industry and Mining Rabea Kharchi, respectively, and Assistant United States Trade Representative for Europe and the Middle East Daniel Mullaney.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée