APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
ALGIERS-The annual inflation rate reached 4,7 % until March 2016, the National Statistics Office (ONS) told APS.
The annual inflation rate represents the growth rate of the consumer price index between April 2015 to March 2016 compared with the rate recorded between April 2014 and March 2015.
As for the yearly growth rate of consumption prices recorded in March 2016 compared to March 2015, it increased to 5,34 % (against 4,15 % in February 2016 compared to February 2015).
Besides, the monthly index of the consumption prices in march 2016 increased by 1,86 % compared to February 2016 (against a decrease by 0,2 % in February 2016 compared to January 2016).
According to products category, the consumption prices of foodstuffs increased by nearly 2% in March 2016 compared to the precedent month.
For food products, they witnessed a slight increase by 0,2 %.
As for the prices of processed non-food products, they also hiked by 0,9 % whereas services raised by 3,5%.
For 2016, the Finance Act banks on a 4 % annual inflation.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation