APS : Thursday, 14 February 2019
ANNABA- A total of 38,000 tonnes of clinker produced by the Cilas cement plant in Biskra was exported Thursday from the port of Annaba to Côte d’Ivoire, in the presence of Wali, Toufik Mezhoud,
and officials of the plant.
This is the fourth shipment of clinker to West Africa, bringing the total exported clinker to 140,000 tonnes, said the plant officials, adding that the goal of Cilas is to export 1 million tonnes of clinker in 2019.
The Cilas cement plant, whose export plan is based on the commercial and logistic support of the LafrageHolcim Trading Company specializing in international trade with a 50% clinker market share in the Mediterranean basin and West Africa, aims to export 2 million tonnes of clinker in 2020 and more than 10 million tonnes by 2021, the source said.
In order to respecting its export contracts and their expansion, Cilas affirmed its commitment to contribute to the diversification of Algeria’s non-hydrocarbon exports and to reinforce the quality of Algerian clinker and cement, they added.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied