3.9% growth of Algerian GDP in 2015, recovery in hydrocarbon sector
APS : Sunday, 24 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria’s overall economic growth reached 3.9% in 2015 against 3.8% in 2014, mainly made from agriculture and a recovery in the sector of hydrocarbons, the National Office of Statistics (ONS) told APS.
It has been noted that the achieved GDP (Gross Domestic Product) has slightly exceeded the forecasts of the complementary finance law 2015 which banked on a 3.8% growth and those of the FMI (International Monetary Fund) which counted on an Algerian growth of 3.7% for 2015.
Concerning the non-hydrocarbon growth, it has slightly drooped to reach 5.5% in 2015 against 5.6% in 2014, while the non-agricultural growth totalled 3.5% against 3.9 in 2014.
2015’s nominal GDP reached DZD16,799.2 billion against DZD17,205.1 billion in 2014 (-2.4%).
By branch of industry, growth was 7.6% in 2015 for agriculture, forestry and fishing (against 2.5% in 2014), 5.9% for market services (against 8%), 5.3% for construction and public works (against 6.8%), 4.6% for industry (against 3.9%), 3% for non-market services (against 4.4%).
Concerning the growth of the hydrocarbon sector, it was positive totalling 0.4% in 2015 against -0.6% in 2014 and -5.5% in 2013.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée