APS : Saturday, 24 September 2016
ALGIERS- Algiers will host the 15th International Energy Forum Ministerial Meeting (IEF15), with the participation of 72 oil and gas producing and consuming countries.
Created in 1991, the IEF is an informal platform for dialogue and consultation between energy consuming and producing countries, which account today more than 90% of world oil and gas supply and demand.
The consultation aims at fostering greater mutual understanding and awareness of common energy interests among IEF members.
Besides energy ministers of IEF Member States, experts, managers of oil and gas companies as well as international organizations like the Forum of Gas Exporting Countries (FGEC), the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and the International Energy Agency (IEA), will participate in the ministerial meeting, which will take place at the International Centre of Conferences in Algiers.
The IEF15 will be held under the theme “Global Energy Transition: An Enhanced Role for Energy Dialogue.”
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister