APS : Thursday, 21 April 2016
ALGIERS- The Algerian team of kempo (men and women) won Thursday nine medals (2 gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze), as part of the 2nd day of the 13th World Kempo Championships which are being held in Bucharest (20-22 April).
In total, the Algerian team of kempo (men and women) has to its credit 26 medals (9 gold, 8 silver and 9 bronze), pending the competitions of the third and last day, to take place Friday in Bucharest.
The two gold medals were harvested by Behdja Manel Boulacel (-70 kg) in the event Knockdown kempo and Noureddine Aissaoui (-60 kg) in semi kempo.
Nadia Bekdouche (-55 kg) and Saadi Ramdane Haddad (-80 kg) won Algeria’s two silver medals in the Knockdown kempo and semi kempo events, respectively.
For their parts, Saadi Ramdane Haddad (-80 kg) in full kempo, Faysal Chebah (-80 kg/Knockdown), Nadir Naamane (-75 kg/ Knockdown), Abdelkader Bentaiba (-70 kg/Knockdown) and Mohamed Azizi (-65 kg/Knockdown) snatched the bronze medals.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum