Algeria’s annual inflation rate at 2.7% in July 2019
ALGIERS- The evolution of Algeria’s consumer prices, at an annual rate, has reached 2.7% until July 2019, the National Office of Statistics (ONS) told APS.
The evolution of consumer prices at an annual rate until July 2019, which is the average annual inflation rate, has been calculated by taking into account 12 months, from August 2018 to July 2019, compared to the period between August 2019 and July 2018.
The monthly variation in consumer prices, which is the gross consumer price index of July 2019 compared with June 2019 dropped slightly by 0.7%, said ONS.
In terms of monthly change by product category, food prices went down by 2.44% in July 2019 compared to June of the same year.
The decline is mainly due to a 4.92% decrease in the prices of fresh agricultural produce, added the ONS.
The monthly variation in the prices of fresh agricultural produce resulted from a drop in the prices of fruits and vegetables, -34.1% and -3.8% respectively, compared with June 2019.
On the other hand, a price increase was recorded in other products like chicken (+5.4%), red meat (+0.9%) and eggs (+5.3%).
A relative stagnation was recorded in the prices of industrial food products and services, whereas the prices of manufactured products showed a slight increase (+1.0%).
In 2018, Algeria’s annual inflation rate hit 4.3%.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie