APS : Thursday, 13 October 2016
SHARJAH- Algerian novelists Waciny Laaredj and Ahlam Mosteghanemi will participate at the 35th International Book Fair of Sharjah (United Arab Emirates) which will be held from 2 to 12 November with writers representing 46 countries, said the Emirati press.
Waciny Laaredj will participate with his latest book “Nissaa Casanova” (The Women of Casanova), published in 2016, and which will also be present at the International Book Fair of Algiers (SILA 2016), scheduled from 26 October to 5 November.
The novelist who teaches at the University of Algiers and at the Sorbonne (France) is among the most famous writers in the Arab world.
His works, which were awarded several times, are translated into many languages.
Among his famous works are “Kitab el amir” (The Book of Emir) which obtained the Grand Prize of Literature in Algiers, “Le royaume du papillon” (The Kingdom of the Butterfly) winner of the Qatari Prize of the best Arab novel and “Les doigts de Lolita” (The Fingers of Lolita) awarded at the 7th literary creation prize of the Arab Thought Foundation of Beirut.
Ahlam Mostaghanemi is among the most brilliant female writers in the Arab world.
Her works, including “Dakirat El Djassad” (Memory of the Flesh) which won Naguib Mahfoud Prize in 1998, “Fawda El hawass (Chaos of the Senses, 1997), “Aber sarir” (Bed Hopper, 2003) and “El aswad yalikou biki” (Black Suits You, 2012), were the best-sellers in the Arab world and translated into several languages.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles