APS : Wednesday, 25 January 2017
ALGIERS-Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Eric Overvest hailed Wednesday Algeria’s “constant” fulfilment of its commitments towards to the United Nations.
During a meeting with Minister for Relations with Parliament Ghania Eddalia, Overvest hailed Algeria’s “exceptional” and “strong” contribution under the leadership of the President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika on the international and regional stages.
Eddalia welcomed the close cooperation between Algeria and the UN, stressing Algeria seeks to strengthen cooperation with this international organization in various fields, said the same source.
Both parties also broached issues of common interest and means to strengthen cooperation between the two parties, particularly parliamentary cooperation.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan